Webinar on Floaters: Uploaded

Marc Staal Hit by Slapshot to Right Eye
March 7, 2013
How to Prepare for Your Eye Surgery
March 14, 2013

Webinar on Floaters: Uploaded

I have finally uploaded the webinar on floaters presented on 2/5/13.  There are five parts and it includes the entire presentation and Q & A following.

As always, please feel free to leave comments and ask questions.

Part 1:  Presentation

Part 2:  Presentation

Part 3:  Q & A, 1st Portion

Part 4:  Q & A, 2nd Portion

Part 5:  Q & A, 3rd and Final Portion

14 Comments

1. JulieW says:

Great presentation Dr Wong. Just wondering if you will also be posting the webinar from your Sunday presentation as there were probably additional questions and answers that were not specifically addressed in this one. Look forward to your next presentation. THanks again.

2. Kevin says:

Hi Dr Wong,
    I just listened to your webinar and it totally lifted my spirits and totally convinced to go forward with a FOV in the future.I was seriously looking into laser but am not convinced now .
    I will be seeing my optometrist who has been very supportive that I find treatment . We will be in contact with you in the near future .No words can express the compassion you are showing to help people like myself .
    Thank you .

3. robin wrex says:

I appreciate that despite beliefs to the contrary there is hope regarding floaters. I had a detached retina that took 2 surgeries to repair due to immediate development of a cataract and the surgeon touched the cornea I then developed a pucker. I am 4 months post surgery with silicone oil still in the eye. Hope to get it out soon. Meanwhile however, the vision in that eye is slated and slightly distorted. Nobody yet knows why. Thought that there may be an astigmatism. Any thoughts?

4. JulieW says:

Dr Randy~ Just wanted to give a BIG THANKS for posting the Table of contents for All Articles. I am sure others will find it very helpful too.

5. SUSAN says:

DEAR DR. WONG,
    YOUR WEBINAR ON FLOATERS WAS GREAT!!! SO INFORMATIVE AND VERY HELPFUL FOR US PEOPLE WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM FLOATERS. BTW, DR. WONG SOME OF MY FLOATERS APPEAR TO BE GLOWING (some days) ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE’S LIGHT, IS THIS NORMAL? OR ARE THERE REALLY FLOATERS THAT “GLOW’? I HAD THE FOLLOWING EYE-OPERATIONs: Cataract Operation in both eyes, then Victrectomy (due to Retina Detachment – Vitreous problem) in both eyes and PRK in both eyes (i also had minor procedures: yag (both eyes) and preventive laser (right eye) (not so sure of this term but it was done to prevent the macula from detaching just in case I will have a detachment in that eye – which I did have after a year).
    THANK YOU DR. WONG AND I HOPE THAT ONE OF THESE DAYS I CAN HAVE AN APPOINTMENT IN YOUR CLINIC FOR A CHECK-UP. GOD BLESS! Susan

6. GG says:

Dear Dr. Wong,

I attended your webinar and it was very interesting. I had a question regarding the use of dye but I didn’t get it in in time. Do you always use it? Is there a possibility of an allergic reaction to it? Are there any permanent dying effects?

Also, who do I contact to ask about appointments and costs?

Thanks.

• GG,

I do not always use the dye, especially if there is already a PVD. Usually the dye does not stain anything in patients undergoing vitrectomy for floaters. The dye is useful for staining epiretinal membranes, but that is a different issues.

Never heard of an allergic reaction to the dye. It stays in the eye less than 1-2 minutes. In theory it could be possible.

Please contact Chrissy for logistical information.

Many thanks!

7. SUSAN says:

DEAR DR. WONG,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY.

I HOPE TO VISIT YOUR CLINIC SOON…

GOD BLESS! AND MORE POWER!

SINCERELY,